Planning Your Drive South to Escape the Winter?

If you’re planning to take a trip in a recreational vehicle, you need to ensure that you are correctly licensed to take to the road before you leave.In Manitoba, most people drive under a Class 5 license, which qualifies the operator for most cars, light trucks, SUVs, vans, and many (but not all) RVs.  If your RV or vehicle/trailer combo has more than two axles, or weighs more than 4,540 Kgs (10,000 lbs.) you will likely need to upgrade to a Class 3 license.

To check the weight of your RV, check the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).  It’s usually located on a sticker on the post inside the driver door, or in the owner’s manual.This requirement for a Class 3 license ensures that anyone driving such a vehicle has received specialized instruction that deals specifically with the challenges entailed in operating a vehicle with increased height and weight.  These vehicles have specific visibility issues, and will be impacted differently than passenger vehicles by changes in driving conditions, like rain and high wind.If you think you might need to upgrade your license, contact First Class Training Centre today.  

We offer the highest standard in Class 3 driver training, combining excellent in-class instruction with the best practical in-vehicle training possible, giving you the confidence and experience you need to take to the road safely in your RV.First Class Training Centre is Winnipeg’s premiere provider of training for drivers needing to obtain licenses to operate larger vehicles.  If you’ve got questions, we can help you navigate Manitoba’s licensing regulations.  If you need training, our instructors have more than 200 years of experience in operating larger vehicles.  Safety is our primary concern.Contact us online or call Toll Free (1-(855) 632-5302.In the Winnipeg area call 204-632-5302.

Get started with First Class Training Centre and start your new career.