Coming to Canada to Work in Trucking

At First Class Training Centre, we get a lot of inquiries from people who are immigrants to Canada, wanting to know about careers in trucking.  Many of these people are trained and licensed in other countries, and want to know how to bring their skills to work in Canada.We always refer them to Trucking HR, who have a specially designed portal where immigrants to Canada can find the information they need about our industry, and how to take part in it.

The long and short of the matter is that, to work in the Canadian trucking industry, you must be trained and licensed in this country.  Because the safety regulations and operating requirements differ greatly from place to place around the world, it’s essential that truck drivers on the road in Canada must earn their licenses here.New or foreign trained drivers who want to work are likely to find that they’re welcomed by employers with open arms.  

According to a recent Global News report, a Winnipeg-based transportation company has been travelling to Jamaica to actively recruit drivers for their operation here.If you’re a new Canadian who’s already here, you can start the process of earning your Class 1 or Class 3 license to drive trucks in Canada at one of Winnipeg’s many independent driving schools.If you want excellent training, with instructors that are real truckers, with a combined experience in the industry totaling more than 200 years, look no further than First Class Training Centre.  Our instructors are an excellent source of information for those who want to find out more about the business, and training for those who decide to prepare for a career in the industry. Contact us online or call Toll Free (1-(855) 632-5302, or in the Winnipeg area call 204-632-5302.

Get started with First Class Training Centre and start your new career.